THE BOTTLED BLONDE EPISODE 6: HOLIDAY EDITION
Needing some new festive holiday cocktails this season? We are sipping on white russians and dishing out the latest holiday finds for everyone in your life. I mean getting into it. From what to get the in laws, to get stuff for your significant other gifts that REALLY benefit you. Plus the hard truth that most of your “fun holiday date ideas” might be on our awful list. Check out the episode details on kristina.mcinnis.com for full show notes and full cocktail recipes.
Holiday Edition Drinks:
31 Holiday Sangria Recipe:
2 Cups Red Wine - $3 buck chuck is a good option when on a budget 1 Cup Apple Brandy 1 Cup Cranberry Juice 1 Cup Simple Syrup 1 Orange Sliced 1 Cup fresh Cranberries 4-5 Cinnamon Sticks (extra for garnish)
1 Teaspoon Whole peppercorns (in a sachet)
1) add everything to a Crock-Pot (4-Qt) and stir to mix it all up 2) Set Crock-Pot to high for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn down to low to keep warm for up to 5 hours 3) Garnish and serve in insulated cups
#2 Holiday Cranberry Ginger Fizz
1/4 Cup Frozen Cranberries 2 Ounces Vodka 4 Ounces Ginger Beer 2 Ounces Cranberry Juice
1) Add handful of ice cubes and frozen cranberries to glass 2) Add in the vodka, the ginger beer and the cranberry juice. Stir a few times with a swizzle stick
Holiday Salted Caramel White Russian
1 part Salted Caramel Coffee Liqueur (Bailey's or Kaluha) 2 parts Caramel Vodka 1 part Half & Half Caramel sauce to garnish
1) Combine Caramel Coffee Liqueur, Vodka and Half & Half in a cocktail shaker. Shake, shake, shake. 2) Drizzle caramel sauce down the side of glass, add ice and pour in contents from cocktail shaker. Add a fancy straw and serve.
Gift guides for under $50:
1. boyfriend - nordstrom rack or saks off 5th - experience
hostess gift -
3. traveler- packing cubes- bag weight- cocktail kit _ luggage tag set - customized gift
4. in laws- furry blanket & candle - cork + hyamian salt board
5. girlfriends- tile , weighted blanket, furry throw
Where to NOT to take your date to:
+ no lights (no one wants to go to lights unless they are drunk) + no high tea + no nutcracker + no catching + no new Frozen Movie + no taking photos with Santa in matching outfits
Where to take your date to:
+ Christmas movie marathon + Make a Christmas cocktail... drink it all, then try to build a gingerbread house + Bar hop to find the best holiday drink in town + Go tubing, skiing or snowboarding + Volunteer & give back
Are you interested in receiving a quick email from me? Sign up for the Tuesday Tell-all to get my favorite tips, tricks and more straight to your inbox.
If you have a question for us or want to request a guest, comment on our Instagrams ( @thebottledblondepodcast & @kristinacatherinemcinnis ) or ask us in TBB facebook page. Thank you for your attention and support!